9.09.2007

Saunter On



I've been away on a lovely holiday to the U.S. and A. for weddings, beaches, lobstah', family time, BBQs with my ladies, Walden Pond (and an unfortunate case of poison ivy.) I've been back for nearly a week but between going back to work, tossing and turning all night (cuz of the jet lag) and trying not to scratch, I still haven't managed to post the latest photos... So while yer all waiting with baited breath for visions of blue skies and warm weather photos, here's a little youtube gem. It's a *homemade*, Derry City (in Northern Ireland) version of that "united states of whatever" song, (whatever it's called.) It's pretty rough and rugged so if yer easily offended by the use of illicit drugs, premarital sex, street fights or giant ballbags beware... ;) They've pretty much jammed every Norn Iron colloquialism they could find into this song but unless yer well versed in the complexities of Norn Iron speak and can understand a thick Northy accent, good luck trying to cop it all. ;) I'm well used to the northys and their crazy long vowel sounds and even I struggled the first time I heard this one.

In case yer totally lost, "Saunter," is a Derry phrase which basically means, "F*ck Off / Piss Off or another colourful Nornism, "Take yerself away to f*ck."

No comments: