12.29.2006

Dreams of the forgotten child

I woke up this morning from the strangest dream. I dreamt I was babysitting three kids, two older boys about 3 and 5 and a baby girl of maybe about a year... In the dream, I had sort of had these kids thrust upon me as they were the children of a friend of my parents and my mom had voluneered me for the job. My mom and the three kids drove me into the art college (don't ask me which one) and I jumped out and went inside. She met me inside with the two boys but we both totally and completely forgot about the baby. About an hour later, I suddenly realized, Omigod, the baby is still in the car! I told my mother who seemed less concerned and stopped to chat with a friend on the way back to the car. In the dream, I was running, running, through the underground carpark trying to get back to the car and thinking that I had probably killed my parents friends baby. Everything started to go in slow-motion and then I woke up before I could make it to the car.

Since I'm on my holidays at the moment and didn't have to get up, I promptly fell back asleep and continued the dream. The baby wasn't dead but its parents were due back bery soon when I realized that I had completely forgotten to feed or change the kids diapers. When I gave her a bit of food, she absolutely devoured it. Then the kids parents came back and my mom felt the need to come clean about leaving the kid in the car. I was like, "No, don't tell them, what they don't know won't hurt them.." but she insisted so I pointed out that it was really her fault because she had taken the kids out of the car.

Then the parents took all the kids. (They didn't seem so upset about the car incident) and they left and went and got on a plane. The plane then crashed right into the art college and we all had to run and hide so as not to get hit by bits of exploding plane...

Is this a sign that I'm not ready to procreate????!!!! Maybe you shouldn't let me babysit your kids...haha....

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hi Diana,

It's interesting that you dreamt about 3 kids that all had the same age gap as your 3 cousins.

KT