3.16.2005

Back from the Boondocks

Today, We move into our (temporary) digs for the next 2 months and words cannot express my excitement about this. I've slept in 3 different houses in 2 different cities in the last 6 days and I can't wait to have a place to hang my toothbrush. I'm finally getting over my jetlag and getting used to some of the Irishisms. Everything's the same here, but different...Lights turn on by flicking the switch down, the hot and cold taps on the sinks are separate...no such thing as warm water, I guess ;) and of course, the steering wheel of the car is on the right side. Gas is petrol and is expensive as f*ck and a sandwich is a toasty and always involves a good bit of butter. The chocolate is amazing and plentiful and the guy at the coffeeshop where I've been getting my tea is never in a rush and always friendly...I've been eating scones for breakfast and enough bread and cheese to feed a small country...I'm dying for some veggies. Well, my paid internet time is about up so that will have to be all for now. Tomorrow, the river liffey will be green and there will be more stories or paddy's day craziness I'm sure...Untill then.

D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

¡Hola Muchacha!

I hate the two taps on sinks. We have them in the bathroom and it is insane. I am going to the Philly next weekend to the see the DalĂ­ exhibit and then to NYC in a couple of weeks to work the NFL Draft and check out Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show. Lucite purses, vintage hats and ladies suits for days, I am in heaven!

Miss you chica, take care of you!

Merc

Anonymous said...

you forgot the 'dollar store' is 'pound store' (or 'poundsaver') and the cheap shoe place is Priceless (not Payless). the other thing that cracks me up (seeing how i drink water like most people inhale air) is that when you are walking around town, there are several signs stating "TO LET" which always gets me excited b/c i think it says "TOILET". HAHA

i also hate the taps (faucets) that are separated. in rome last month (and i know enough italian to know better!), i turned on the tap that didn't say C (thinking C was cold and the unmarked one must be hot, right?). haha C is calda so 20 minutes later (and still stone cold water) i figured it out. duh!

it's all a learning process. (but makes for good stories later)

:)