10.14.2005

Friends of the Friendless

Hola mi Amigos,

Well, Tommy boy is off in Barcelona, the lucky bastard, so I am once again, left to my own devices. Most of the people I would normally hang out with here are also away from Dublin this weekend so it looks like I'm going to have a very clean house and a well used DVD player. In some ways, I'm looking forward to the down time but I'm sure by Saturday afternoon, I'll be asking the mail man to go for a pint... :) Maybe I can go into the local Spar and see what time the cashiers get off...haha. Coincidentally, I'm alone in the office this week as well as Alan is on his holidays. I may actually forget how to interact with other humans by the time I meet any again... I'll have to start grunting and pantomiming to commmunicate...

On other fronts, I started my Italian class this week and I think it's going to be really good. There are three students including myself, an Englishwoman, a woman from Cork and me. Our teacher is a young Italian woman from Naples who seems really nice and lives in my neighborhood (which means I have someone to commute home with post-class.) Yoga is also going well. I'm enjoying getting the stretching in. Really helps after a week of sitting in front of the computer. My neighbor is good company and it's been nice to get to know her (although the other people in the class don't really talk to us.) Dubs are notoriously cliquey though, so whaddya expect. My yoga teacher is way weeds and seeds. She's a homeopath and accupunctarist and is always giving us health and lifestyle advice and telling anecdotes about this, that and the other thing. Good stuff and a good thing I have these classes to go to or I might actually become a hermit. Hello, anyone out there?????

Weather has been beautiful the last couple days. I'm hoping it will hold so I can take myself down to the farmers market on Saturday and get some treats... maybe some Oysters and Guinness if I can work up the courage to sit at one of the tables by myself. I really am shockingly shy when on my own. Have visions of just heading out to my local for a pint and see if maybe the bartender will talk to me...haha...but am probably too introverted for such things. we'll see.

Hope you're all well.

Dido
official member, friends of friendless local chapter

1 comment:

Diana said...

Ads masquerading as comments are lame. Will you all ever feck off.