4.09.2005

The Evil Empire Abroad

They are everywhere...Yankees baseball hats in all sizes, shapes and colors...bastards. Now I know why they can afford to go over the salary caps every year. They are marketing geniuses! I swear to you that half the people wearing the Yankees gear don't even know the difference between a ball and a strike. It is purely a fashion statement...poo. Even the bouncer at the club I went to last night was wearing one. I asked him if he was a Yankees fan and he answered me in this terrible fake American accent that he sure was. Bitch, please. Man probably couldn't even name a single one of the players. And while I'm at it. Another guy that Tom and I were out with last night kept responding to everything I said with a fake American accent, like, Dude, totally. He was a complete complainer who proudly showed me the 27 million text messages he had from different girls on his mobile. Wanker. He bore a striking resemblance in looks and personality to that guy I used to date, Brad, and to those of you in the know, that is no compliment. haha. Alas, Whaddya gonna do? (And that's a rhetorical question btw.) Happy Saturday. I'm off to Topshop to buy some snazzy gear for my second interview next week...wa-hooo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are having a blast. Good luck with the second job interview. I'm jealous of all the food you and Averi ate. sounds worth a trip just for that. You need to take more pictures. I wanted to see the train station mall you described in Birmingham.

Love to Tom and all the wanking yankee fans.

Ilana

Anonymous said...

Banana,

Yankees fans are everywhere, even the places you think might just be clear of them. Gordon worked the Red Sox Ring dinner last week, it was insane! We got a really nice rosewood box with signatures on it and a replica ring for working....and we think two sets on tix to games. The tickets are all he wanted!

I was hosting clients in town on Wednesday and they were ALL Yankees fans. I almost totally lost my shit. Then they had the Fever Pitch movie premiere at Fenway Park and that was fun. We provided the gear since they shot so much in town, so they gave us tickets to go. It was awesome and I stand by my fantasy of one day f'n Drew Barrymore 9 ways to Sunday. She is so amazingly beautiful!

I hope all is well and pass my love to Tom.

Merc

Ryan D said...

Hey, total stranger here but I found your blog on Goggle while trying to remember that exact quote carved above that doorway in Kilmainhaim Gaol.

I'm an American ex-pat in Amsterdam and I just thought you might like to know the Yankee plague is alive and well here too. However, if I dare wear my Dodger's cap out (I'm from LA) people assume I'm a junkie. Baseball fans indeed...